Monday, August 31, 2015

Carolina Park

It was Sunday afternoon and I had not been for a ride for days...was feeling lazy and decided to go for a quick ride in Carolina Park before sun down. The park is looking rather nice and the bike routes are great!  The remodeling is on its way!

 Love just hanging out near water even though its an artificial greenish lagoon it's refreshing to be around it. It was fun to go in the "olla" old skate and bike park and see the new skate park that was built less than a year ago. Looks great. Was able to take some nice pics.. Nice ride !

The NEW Carolina

This is a remodeled area of the Carolina park, you can see the new paths. Looking Nice!










La "Olla"
This is the "Olla", I was a little hesitant about going in but its looking good, a little littered and tons of Graffitti, but its been there for years. I remember going there back in the day when I was an avid rollerblader. The Bike people would call us "Rollers" and would always want us out of "their" park. When I went there on Sunday there was no one there really... just some girls rollerblading with their mother. Most of the skaters and bikers are congragating at the new bike park, which is looking quite pimp.












Laguna Carolina Park




I love the Laguna at the Carolina Park. Im glad I was able to get this picture. I think the short time before sunset is the most magical time of the day in Quito. You get a strange weird light which illuminates everything in a beautiful manner. 

Its really fun to go on the little row boats, but I chose to circle around the lagoon and just catch some nice views, a beautiful sunset and just a sense of tranquility in the midst of the city.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! 












No comments:

Post a Comment