Saturday, August 15, 2015

Detour to Las Corvinas de Don Jimmy


I had my pound of ground Aguila de Oro coffee, and biking to the Historic Center had sparked my apetite. I was in dire need of a refueling. So I decided to head down to El Mercado Central, a traditional market in Quito. This is a great market but you must have you spidey sense on high to avoid any problems.

So I circled the market trying to find a parking spot for my bike, finally found a spot on the railing of the stairs to the second floor of the Northern side of the market where a food court is located. Here you will find an array of traditional Ecuadorian cousine, but I head straight to Corvinas de Don Jimmy, a decades old spot where they serve the best fried corvina Ive had in Quito hands down!
They add a bonus of Ceviche mixto but I ordered only Shrimp Ceviche. The potatoes are perfect and the ambiance (a fight broke out in the far side of the market) is quite entertaining and down to earth.

Highly recommended spot, the Corvina Tradicional costs $5 USD.


No comments:

Post a Comment