Saturday, August 15, 2015

Coffee Run on a bike to Historic Center Quito



I had just ran out of coffee.. yikes! And so it was the perfect excuse to go for a coffee run to the Historic Center.

I commute to work on my bike everyday, but this week I had to drive to work for whatever reason and boy did I feel it when I started to bike this morning.

But nevertheless I got through it and was able to have a nice ride to the Historic Center.

Quito's Historic Center is always filled with energy and people. As soon as I get there I buy myself a fresh squeezed orange and carrot juice to re-energize as I try to capture all the hustle and bustle of the people in the Plaza de la Independencia.

Having finished my refreshment I make my way up to Benalcazar St. and before I make it there I can already smell the coffee, luring me to my favorite coffee shop in Quito- The Cafe Aguila de Oro- a traditional Quito Coffee shop; where you can buy premium roasted Ecuadorian Coffee ground or whole bean. No coffee tasting here, they only sell coffee and have for decades.

Its great coffee with lots of character and a bold roasted taste to it. I brew it in my French Press and it is simply delicious!

A great day of exercise and a fun adventure in Quito.

A pound of coffee ground or whole bean costs $6 USD
The spoils !




No comments:

Post a Comment